What is Graphic Designing and How many types of graphic designs are there?
People have a vague idea about graphic designs and about graphic designer’s work. But when you look around and start observing the things you will find that everything has its own design which is surely created by a designer. As it is so rightly said by Brian Reed –
“Everything is designed. Few things are designed well.”
But the question comes in the mind is – What actually graphic designing is?
When strategic creativity merged with clear communication message touch by aesthetic appeal then it gives birth to graphic designing. Actually, the Graphic design uses visual compositions to communicate the ideas, philosophy, concept or to solve the problems.
Well, there is no certain type of design. There are various types of graphic designs so whether you are a graphic designer or a business owner you must have an idea about different types of graphic designs. Here in this post we have mentioned few most commonly used graphic designing categories –
Types of graphic design
- Graphic Designs for Marketing and Advertising – Having your business online is must nowadays. To have an online business you need images and graphics for online marketing and advertising like blog images, website images, graphics for email marketing, social media post, infographics and more. Even though if you’re running a traditional business then also you need flyers, posters, pamphlets, banners, brochures and more for marketing and advertising purpose. These forms of graphics help you to convey your brand message, company policies, service and product information and more.
- Graphic Designs for Publications – Most of us still love to read books, newspapers, magazines, newsletters, annual reports. These publication materials need to be designed in a better way. Which keeps the audience engaging and gives the good reading experience. Thus need for a graphic designer for publications arises. For this Graphic designer must have a good understanding of print and digital medium both along with colour management, text alignment, and font size.
- Graphic Designs for Packaging – From beer bottles to perfumes to brand carry bags every product needs packaging. Unique packaging style grabs the attention of the customers. Packaging protects the product and help in catching the buyer’s attention and makes the distribution and sales of the product easy. For packaging designs, graphic designers create unique concepts for design, develop mockups, create files for printing the packaging for products.
While designing the packages designer should keep users in mind. Remember a bad packaging will cost your brand a lot and a good designer always saves you from all this.
- Graphic Designs for Motion – Graphics that are in motion called as motion graphics. The requirement for motion graphics has touched the sky as technology has improved and updating on a frequent interval. Motion graphic includes – advertisements, tutorials, videos, apps, GIFs, presentations, Video games, websites and more. For creating such motion graphics, a graphic designer needs to create an art form to be more flexible and accessible.
- Graphic Designs for User Interface – In this fast-growing world towards technology using gadgets and technical devices is quite common and becoming an essential part of our lives. With this, the user interface designers requirement is increasing. The interface is the way the user interacts with the application, device, and website to give user-friendly experience to the customers. While designing the User Interface the graphic designer has to balance between the technicality of the application and aesthetical appeal too.
Well, this list can go on. But these are the most common and high demanding types and the area where graphic designs play a vital role. For such you need a good graphic designer who can understand the client’s requirement clearly and having good command over the designing tools like coral, photoshop, illustrator to create and produce such designs.
As per the current market needs, graphic designers are in great demand. Usually, companies are looking for those who can create different forms of graphics for them. For this, they need specialised and skilled designers.
For the best graphic designer in Indore, you can contact us. Our creatives will go viral and make your business a brand. We are helping many customers in establishing their business. Our designing adds value to your brand and customers to your business.